Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just got our China Itinerary!!!--3 more days 'til China!!!

I'm so excited because we just got our itinerary!!! -- Gotcha Day was pushed back for us by one day at the request of the SWI, so now we have an extra day now to sightsee in Beijing before heading on to Chongqing to meet Sawyer (which is fine with me -- I love sight-seeing! The other thing that jumped out at me is that we're not staying at the White Swan or the Victory, which really shocked me -- in Guangzhou, we'll be in the Holiday Inn ShiFu. At first this Guangzhou hotel thing upset me a lot, but then I read others' accounts of their stay at the Holiday Inn Shifu, and now I'm happy about it -- it's just a 3 block walk to Shamian Island, it's adjacent to an incredible-sounding pedestrian mall full of familiar places such as McDonalds, Papa Johns, etc., and it's fairly new with very large rooms. So, I'm surprised, but happy.

So, here's the basics of our itinerary:

Arrive Beijing Thursday night, Feb. 19th -- Super House International Hotel.

Friday, Feb. 20th: Private sight-seeing tour of the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, and Tiananmen Square.
Evening entertainment: The Chinese Kungfu Show.

Saturday, Feb. 21st: Private sight-seeing tour of The Summer Palace, Lama Temple and the Bird's Nest.

Sunday, Feb. 22nd: The Great Wall, Hutong tour.
Evening entertainment: The Chinese Acrobat Show.

Monday, Feb. 23rd: Fly to Chongqing -- Inter-Continental Hotel.
GOTCHA DAY -- 3pm -- HELLO SAWYER!!!!!!

Tuesday, Feb. 24th (3 year LID anniversay!!!): Adoption paperwork.

Wednesday, Feb. 25th: Sightseeing -- Chongqing Panda Zoo.

Thursday, Feb. 26th: Sightseeing -- City Square and Goose Park.

Friday, Feb. 27th: Pick up Sawyer's passport.
Fly to Guangzhou -- Holiday Inn Shifu.

Saturday, Feb. 28th: Photo studio in Guangzhou, medical exam.

Sunday, March 1st: Sightseeing -- Six Banyan Tree Buddism Temple, Dr. Sun-yat sen's Memorial Hall, etc.

Monday, March 2nd: CA

Tuesday, March 3rd: Oath-taking ceremony.
Fly back to Beijing.

Wednesday, March 4th: Fly home!!!


I can't believe we're finally going to China -- almost exactly 3 years to the date of of LID -- WOW!!!

3 comments:

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

I can't believe that you are leaving this week. Safe travels and I can't wait to see Sawyer in your arms.

Tracy said...

Wow - your itinerary looks amazing! You will have a blast, and the days before Sawyer will fly by as you will be in a jet lag haze and doing tons of fun stuff :) Take good pics!! And video!!

So funny you are almost 3 years to your LID when you leave, as we were almost 2 years to our LID when we got home.

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

Have a great trip, so excited to follow your blog!

Enjoy yourselves & savor every moment.