Saturday, February 21, 2009

LOVING BEIJING!!!!

Hello from China!! We are here, and we're having an amazing time! The flight was smooth, and we got a surprise free upgrade to Business Class, so that was really nice. That was some kind of LONG 12 hour flight to Tokyo and then another 4 hours to Beijing -- we were exhausted by the time we got here. We've been busy exploring Beijing nonstop for the past two days -- we did The Forbidden City, The Temple of Heaven, The Summer Palace, The Lama Temple, a silk factory, a teahouse, and a KungFu show -- it's all been INCREDIBLE so far! Everyone is so friendly, and it's just nonstop fascinating -- the organized chaos of this place is impossible to describe -- the traffic, the bikes, the crowds...! We've had some amazing authentic meals, and lots of people have wanted Cooper to pose with them in photos because of his blonde hair -- of course, he loves it! Tomorrow we do The Great Wall and Hutong Tour and acrobat show. Then, Monday morning we fly to Chongqing and we have Gotcha Day at 3pm on Monday -- we're so excited to finally meet Sawyer!!! I love you guys, and I'll try to post photos , but I'm not sure if I can get it to work. I also think I'm being charged an arm and a leg to use this computer, but I'm trying to post :) Thanks for all the good wishes -- I'll post more soon. Hugs from China -- I still can't believe we're really here!!!!

9 comments:

Lori said...

OMG! It's 8pm in China. One more sleep before Sawyer. We're so excited for you guys. With love from Florida, Lori**

Dan and Karen said...

So glad to hear you are there safely! We loved Beijing, and of course Chongqing too! It's so exciting to read your updates!

Karen & Dan

Betsy said...

You are going to be meeting Sawyer while I'm asleep, in just a couple of hours...I'll be dreaming of it! Let us know in words and pictures what it felt like for all of you. Love you!

Lori said...

Oh, guys ....I know you have your little man with you at this moment. I hope all is well and he is adjusting. Can't wait to hear more and see some photos!

Huge hugs,
Lori**

Tracy said...

Sounds incredible and that you are soaking up every bit of China - which is awesome. The best part is yet to come - Sawyer Day!

Tracy said...

Actually, I think you must already have Sawyer, based on the time difference...can't wait to hear how it all went!

Lori said...

OMG!! We're going crazy here ....How are things?

Hugs,
Lori**

Elizabeth said...

How exciting! Can't wait to travel to Minnesota to meet the newest family member. Give Sawyer a big hug and kiss from the Lowe family.
Love,
Elizabeth, Michael, Jeannie & Colin

Elizabeth said...

Exciting! So happy to hear you'll are having such a wonderful experience! Can't wait to visit Minnesota and meet Sawyer!

Love,
Elizabeth, Michael, Jeannie & Colin